Now here's a tricky one...
Women are supposed to be submissive, receptive and incredibly giving. Feminists don't follow that format. As a feminist, I feel completely comfortable saying no. I will admit I have never had random sex. I've never had sex with someone whose name I don't remember. I've never had sex with someone I wasn't dating. I am not promiscuous, I am not 'wild.' I am a serial monogamous.
That being said, I am not a submissive naive girl. I will never cave for someone else. I won't ever compromise who I am to make someone else happy. I know who I am. After taking several classes on sexual abuse, pornography, violence against women and the like, I know how common it is for women to fall into dangerous situations. My feminist background has helped to make me aware of the many things that are out there to harm women and girls. Feminism has shaped my sexual life more than I had ever imagined and more than any of my sexual partners have ever known. This is one of the areas in my life that I have felt the impact of feminism most strongly.
Sex is fun! I am not going to lie. But sex is only fun in the right situations. Sex is never fun if it is forced, if you are being coerced into it or if it is in dangerous circumstances. Feminism has made me extremely aware of the risks involved with sex. Sexually transmitted diseases are more rampant than ever. AIDS is not going away. Condoms, Birth Control--all of these things are necessary and being a feminist has made me not afraid and not shy to make sure that shit is wrapped!
No comments:
Post a Comment