Saturday, March 19, 2011

And In The End...

And in the end, the love we take is equal to the love we make.

The Beatles said it many years ago but it still rings true today. This exploration of feminism and heterosexual love relationships has been quite the roller coaster. I discovered things about myself that I did not know were there and I learned a lot about my past and current relationships. I got a lot more out of this blog than I had originally thought that I would. I have learned that though the word 'feminism' may not be uttered every single day of my life outside of the classroom, I strongly and diligently practice it. My partner may not be a feminist by trade and he may never call himself a feminist but he certainly lives it.

This blog is just a small portion of my experience with feminism and love relationships. It will constantly be evolving and growing as my life evolves and grows. I am amazed at how much I have gotten out of the experience as a whole. I am a stronger feminist because of this and I value my relationship even more after observation. I will be honest, prior to this I had never given much thought to how my feminism affects my relationships and of how my relationships affect my feminism. I think they have benefited each other in a positive way. Feminism is always going to be a large portion of my life. I am always going to be a feminist and am always going to live by feminist ideals. As well, I am (assuming) always going to be in this committed relationship therefore this experience of seeing how the two coincide will be beneficial now and later. I cannot say for certain whether or not I will continue to write this blog once this class and my University careers ends but I can say for sure that I will be constantly reflecting on the ways that my feminism and my relationship connect. Whether it be the challenges, the problems, the successes or the accomplishments, I will always have this thought process to reflect on and to grow from.

Long live the feminism in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment